Rhinoplasty is the surgical procedure of redesigning or reshaping your nose to make it look smaller, larger, change the tip and the angle, and make as many corrections as needed personally. This process involves incisions into the cartilages and the bones inside the nose to make the required changes. Once the incision is made, the bone or cartilage is removed depending on the result you need. According to the defect, tissue can be added followed by rearranging the skin back in place. After the procedure, a metal strip is positioned on the outside to keep the reshape nose intact. The patient needs to stay back in the hospital after the surgery which is usually performed by plastic
surgeons or a nose specialist.
Why is it done
There are two main reasons why a Rhinoplasty procedure is considered. The first and main reason is for health purposes, nasal congestion, birth defects or serious breathing problems. The next reason is for personal satisfaction or structural reasons. It helps the face look more proportionate.
Non surgical rhinoplasty clinic is nasal cosmetic surgery specialist known for their excellent services offered with least number of risks in Nose jobs Toronto. They make sure even a minor nasal surgery is well looked after without any side effects. They make sure that the changes made are not shown drastically but in a subtle manner.
Things to keep in mind to avoid risks
● You must make sure that both you and your surgeon know what exact changes you need; whether they are minor or trivial ones. Also, make sure your expected result is realistic.
● The recovery time after the surgery can last two to three weeks according to the surgery. You may need to wear the metal strip for a week and may notice under eye swelling and slight pain. The final shape of your nose will be noticeable only after the complete recovery time.
● Follow your doctor’s instructions of avoiding certain anti-inflammatory drugs and tobacco which could increase your chance of bleeding.
● Good communication with the surgeon where you list all the supplements or medication you take on an everyday basis also reduces the chance of complications
● Complete development of the nose occurs around the age of 16-18. Make sure you do the required changes after it is completely developed. If it is done before the complete development, the nose can completely alter your desired result.
● If you want to avoid surgery of any kind, you could opt for nonsurgical rhinoplasty or an injectable nose job. This is a synthetic filler procedure so there is no way to reduce the size of the nose, but increase it or give it some shape.
● Always know the risks before you jump headfirst into surgery. They could often be nonreversible.
● Insurance does not cover the charges of Rhinoplasty unless it is with regard to health problems.
After the surgery
● Avoid any form of strenuous activity during the recovery period after the surgery.
● Follow up with your doctor if there are any problems regarding implants or the sinus.
● Always sleep with your head elevated for the first three weeks
● Short walks to avoid any blood clots.
As much as Rhinoplasty being a safe procedure even if is done in a well known surgical hospital, there is always a risk factor with how your body will react to it. You should be prepared for the pain experienced during the recovery, as well as the risks involving failed Anastasia or infection during the surgery. Make sure you are well aware of all the aspects of the surgery and perform it only when absolutely necessary.